India security and defence experts are continually readdressing the subject of Homeland Security and the requirements to keep India safe on all fronts! In particular, border, coastal and port / harbour security have climbed to an even higher priority. Realities have forced us all to understand that threats can come from the sea as well as by land, and these threats must be detected while far away in order to have time to deploy appropriate forces and avoid tragedies. The threat of a small vessel or a swimmer carrying an explosive and detonating it within the seaport or on the coast amongst a crowd of civilians is a real threat that must be avoided!
When border, coastal and port / harbour security, protection, surveillance, safety and control are a high priority, CONTROP systems can provide the solutions – 24 / 7. Whether the requirements are for long-ranges, medium or short-ranges, CONTROP’s EO / IR systems can meet the challenge. For detection of intruders – on the land or in the water (small boats or swimmers), surveillance and observation of docks and storage areas, tracking of vessels at sea and at port, vessel traffic safety or maritime environmental control, the CONTROP systems have been proven to provide the ultimate answer for border, coastline and port / harbour security.
CONTROP Precision Technologies Ltd, a privately held company in Israel, has over 25 years of experience in providing EO/IR homeland security and intruder detection systems to meet even the strictest requirements. The CONTROP systems are in daily operational use in military, law enforcement and civilian applications worldwide.
The CONTROP systems were designed especially to deal with different Homeland Security applications 24 / 7, without interruption and without affecting normal activities. The CONTROP systems provide:
- A “virtual fence” over the water (sea) – detects intruders (small boats or swimmers) from the sea before they reach the coastline or port / harbour area boundary!
- A “virtual fence” on the land near the border, coastline or port / harbour – detects land intruders before they reach the fence.
- Observation of intruders that were detected by other means.
- Identification and tracking of intruders and direction of security forces.
- Scanning and observation of waters within the port / harbour boundaries, docks and container storage areas for unauthorized activities.
- Surveillance and observation of all ships and boats in the port / harbour – 24 / 7.
- Surveillance and observation of land fences near the border, coastline or port / harbour.
CONTROP systems are currently in daily operational service by the Israeli Military of Defense and were declared as “the ideal operational intruder detection systems for border and coastal defense”. They provide border and coastal protection in several very large-scale critical surveillance and security programs in Israel and in Southeast Asia as well as protection for a strategic seaport in Europe. In many cases, these systems were successfully integrated with radar systems, AIS systems and other sensors, to provide full coverage of the area of interest.
The CONTROP systems are unique in their detection of intruders at very long ranges – monitoring of vast areas that can’t be protected by fences or other boundaries nor monitored with lower end technologies – thereby detecting threats at greater distances, thus providing more time to respond and eliminate the threat. CONTROP systems provide proven EO/IR Homeland Security solutions where needed most.