The Tata Group is displaying its end-to-end design to manufacturing capabilities at the Aero India 2013, the 9th International Exhibition on Aerospace, Defence & Civil Aviation, Asia’s premier air show. These include a range of solutions in the aerospace sector in areas such as creative design, innovative engineering, program management, manufacturing strength, simulation studies, product life cycle management as well as built to print and built to specification assembly and manufacturing, among others.
This year, ten Tata companies namely Tata Advanced Materials Limited, Tata Advanced Systems Limited, Tata Elxsi Limited, Tata Industrial Services Limited, Tata Steel (Speciality Steels), Tata Technologies, TAL Manufacturing Solutions Limited, Titan Industries Limited (Precision Engineering Division), Tata Consultancy Services and Tata Power (Strategic Electronics Division) are exhibiting their expertise and offerings at Aero India 2013.
Organized by the Ministry of Defence, Government of India, Aero India 2013 is being held at Air Force Station, Yelahanka, Bangalore from February 6 to February 10, 2013. Aero India provides a significant platform to bolster business opportunities in the international aviation sector.
The Tata Group offers solutions to the global supply chain of leading Aerospace and Defence OEMs and suppliers in the areas of Engineering to Production, Design to Manufacture, New Design to Manufacture, Design Modification to Manufacturing, Build to Print and Build to Specifications. The Group has cemented major relationships with several global aircraft manufacturers and OEMs. Additionally, the Tata companies are also individually accredited with key aerospace certifications.
- Tata Advanced Systems manufactures Aerostructures for OEMs such as Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky. It is also in the process of setting up manufacturing facilities for Missiles, RADARs, Electro-optics, and Unmanned Aerial Systems.
- Tata Consultancy Services provides Consulting, Engineering and Engineering IT services to Global A&D majors across the aircraft life cycle through its unique Global Network Delivery ModelTM in areas such as Aero Structures, Aero Systems, Aero
Engines, Avionics, Manufacturing Engineering, Service Lifecycle Management, Sourcing Solutions and Technical Publications. To further bolster TCS’s offerings to the Global A&D organizations, TCS offers High Performance Computing infrastructure for Aero dynamics and simulation studies.
- Tata Technologies has a proven track record of engaging with aerospace manufacturers and their supply chains for product development engineering in the area of aerostructures.
- Titan Industries is into precision engineering of critical components for the aero space industry.
- Tata Power Strategic Electronics Division has been a leading private-sector player in the indigenous Development, Supply and Lifecycle support of mission-critical Strategic Defence Systems. The Division has now emerged as a prime contractor to MoD for Defence Production when it secured Orders for Pinaka MBRL and Akash Launchers, Army EW Systems, Air Defence Systems and Modernisation of Airfield Infrastructure.
- NOVA Integrated Systems Limited is a key Tata Group vehicle in the design development and manufacture of Missile, RADAR, UAVs and Electro-optic systems.
- Tata Industrial Services is an AS 9100C certified company providing program management, supply chain management, quality assurance services including supply of products for Aerospace and Defence industry.
- Tata Elxsi provides mission critical reliable innovations in the field of Aerospace and Defence, for innovative design and engineering solutions across product life cycles.
- Tata Steel (Speciality Steels) provides high-integrity steels to major commercial and military aerospace programmes around the world using bespoke supply chain solutions.
- Tata Advanced Materials is in design and manufacturing of composite components, parts, and sub-assemblies for defense, aerospace and industrial applications.
The Tata Group has historically been associated with the aerospace industry and has taken several significant initiatives, in the commercial, military and business jet platforms to establish a meaningful presence.