Boeing has delivered the second production P-8A Poseidon aircraft to the US Navy. The P-8A is a long-range anti-submarine aircraft and a military derivative of the next-generation Boeing 737 family of aircraft, using CFM56-7B engines. The second P-8A delivered to the Navy is one of the 13 patrol aircraft being built for the Navy as part of two contracts awarded to Boeing in 2011. According to Boeing, the Navy will purchase 117 of the P-8A aircraft to replace its fleet of P-3s. “We’re proud to be able to meet our commitment and deliver another Poseidon to the fleet,” said Chuck Dabundo, Boeing Vice-President and P-8 Program Manager. “Navy crews have had a couple of months of training with the first plane, and their feedback has been positive.”
Boeing Delivers Second P-8A Poseidon to US Navy
About the Author
More by the same author
- Boeing Awarded First-Ever Commercial Human Space Flight Mission
- India and Vietnam Sign a Joint Vision Statement on Defence Cooperation
- Manohar Parrikar asks Shipyards to Compress Delivery Schedules of Warships
- Raksha Mantri Inaugurates the new Cardiothoracic and Vascular Sciences...
- G Mohan Kumar, the new Defence Secretary and Ashok Kumar Gupta, takes over...