It was on this day when Lt Col DR Rai commanding 1 SIKH, landed at Srinagar airfield at 0830 hours and thereon held successive positions between Baramulla and Srinagar. this gave the Indian army those crucial golden hours to build up its strength which would finally evict the raiders out of the valley. Lt Col DR Rai and 16 of his brave soldier laid down their lives in saving Kashmir. These were the first Infantarians who gave their supreme sacrifice in defence of India.
- Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey Fleet Tops 400,000 Flight Hours
- AOC-in-C Southern Air Command Flies Tejas: Reposes Faith in the Indigenous Combat Aircraft
- Dassault – Reliance Aerospace Manufacturing facility in Mihan, Nagpur Inaugurated
- IAF Landing Operations on Agra-Lucknow Expressway
- INS Kiltan: Add new dimension to the ASW capability of Indian Navy
- Exercise INDRA: Indo-Russia Joint Exercise - First Ever International Tri Service Exercise
- Thales has developed an active array radar that meets the specific needs of HAL, to equip the 80 TEJAS Mk1A multirole LCA operated by the Indian Air Force. The radar has successfully completed an initial flight test campaign designed to measure its performance level.
- Glimpses of 85th Anniversary of Indian Air Force
- INS Tarasa: A Water Jet Fast Attack Craft