The Indian army celebrated its 63rd Foundation Day in New Delhi the national capital of India on Friday 15 January 2011. Army Day is observed every year on January 15 to commemorate Field Marshal K.M. Cariappa\’s taking over as the Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army from Sir Francis Butcher, the last British commander, in 1949. Indian Army displayed some of its best weapons during the Army Day Parade like Advance light helicopter Dhruv, T-90 tanks, Pinaka Missiles along with some it\’s best communication and weaponry systems.
- Thales and Schiebel expand Strategic Partnership to promote the CAMCOPTER Unmanned Aerial System globally
- Indian Air Force successfully tested the “Type V Heavy Drop System"
- Ashok Leyland concludes 4000kms+ ‘Manzilka Safar’ at Leh
- DRDO Chairman lauds GRSE’s initiatives on Autonomous Vessels in the Maritime Domain
- HAL and the Ministry of Defence of The Republic of Argentina have signed a Letter of Intent (LoI)
- Ashok Leyland bags Defence orders worth Rs. 800 Cr
- Naval Group welcomes the announcement made by Indian and French authorities regarding the extension of the Indo-French partnership with the objective to explore ambitious submarines projects
- India selects the Navy Rafale
- L&T Powers ISRO’s Moon Mission – Chandrayaan 3